How to make money through music

Whether you want to sell your tunes or license them out, there are countless ways to make money best onlie casino game and off your music. In short, the sky’s the limit. Read this article for some insider info on how musicians can make money on the web.


If you have a song that is in demand and would like other artists to use it, licensing is the way to go. You will need to contact companies such as ASCAP (American Society of Composers Authors & Publishers), BMI (Broadcast Music Inc.), SESAC (Songwriters Equity Association), and PPL (Performing Right Society). Each has different rules about who they accept applications from, what type of material they cover, and how much they charge.


 This is when an artist sells the publishing rights to his songs to another mobile casino company. For example, if you write a song by yourself,


If you have a fan base, like soccer does with FIFA betting, merchandise could be a great source of income for you. There are many options: t-shirts, posters, mugs, keychains, bags, iPhone cases, etc. Most of these items cost very little to produce and market.

Live performances

 If you have been playing live shows regularly, you can form a band and sign a recording deal. Then you might be able to release CDs independently and collect touring fees from venues. Although most venues won’t pay you any money unless you already have a record label, there are lots of small venues which do pay their performers.


Nowadays, more people are listening to music through online streaming services

then you will get royalties when the song is played on radio stations. However, you may only receive 10% to 20% of the total royalties. When you publish with another company, you will receive 50% to 70% of the total royalties, depending on the contract.

Touring/Live Shows

 Another way to make extra income is to play live shows around your area. Some bands can find sponsorships from local businesses, while others perform at bars and coffee shops.


Making money off your musical talents is to create custom merchandise. For example, T-shirts are very popular these days among musicians. They can be customized with logos, pictures, and text. But do not forget that you also need to register your design with your state trademark office before selling any products.


I listen to and write about music!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.