Obscure Sound: Best of May 2011
There were some great new breakthroughs this month. Bands like Skeletons, The Wandas, and Art Imperial turned in solid work that should propel their status significantly. As far as more familiar names go, Man Man and My Morning Jacket provided an equal dose of hook-filled rock and trademark experimentation, while other familiar names like Black Lips and Tyler The Creator have continued to do what they do best. An equal split of fulfilled expectations and creatively ingenious breakthroughs are evident this month, which in my opinion makes for a fun compilation. Feel free to share your thoughts on it below.
Just a heads up: Over the next several months, Obscure Sound will be undergoing changes for the better. This includes some redesigning tweaks, a more extensive array of features, and more writers. You may have noticed the site is faster than before too; this is thanks to several recent changes, merely some of many to come. If you are interested in becoming a part of these changes by becoming a writer or designer, feel free to e-mail me here. We’re always looking for varying opinions on music, and achieving more variety on these opinions is one of the many goals I have. I am looking forward to expanding Obscure Sound on a significant level this summer. As always, thanks for reading.
01. Skeletons – Grandma (post)
02. Man Man – Shameless (post)
03. The Wandas – Bending Over Backwards (post)
04. Tamikrest – Nak Amadjar Nidounia (post)
05. Black Lips – Modern Art (post)
06. Emanuel and the Fear – Dear Friend (post)
07. Art Imperial – The Inbetweener (post)
08. About Group – Repair Man (post)
09. Tyler, The Creator – French (Toro y Moi remix) (post)
10. My Morning Jacket – Circuital (post)
11. The New Division – Nocturnal (post)
12. Mayer Hawthorne – Mr. Blue Sky (ELO cover)
DOWNLOAD ENTIRE COMPILATION>>> (77.8 MB, .RAR)